Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Run Forrest...




Jay ran the OKC Memorial Marathon this past weekend...well, actually he ran the half marathon which is still a heck of a long run - 13 miles! He's always had a goal of running a full marathon so we look at this experience as a practice run at the real deal. Jay expected to run it in about an hour and 50 minutes, but really completed it in an hour and 43 minutes. That is GREAT for someone who really didn't train all that hard for the run - he had never even run 13 miles until that morning. He's so fired up about his run from this past weekend that he's ready to run ANOTHER half marathon in 2 weeks and start seriously training for a full marathon in November. Kate and I were down there to cheer him on to victory and are so proud of his accomplishment. I certainly don't see myself EVER running that far unless of course I'm running FROM something very scary. The pictures are of Jay post run - one was supposed to be of him crossing the finish line but my timing was a little off - he's hiding behind the volunteer working the finish line. If you look closely you can see the toe of his tennis shoe and I think his hand. Good work Sabrina. But you do see his time. He actually was back in the pack at the start so his official time I think was clocked at 1:42:33.

No comments: